At M.A. Dental we’ll teach you how to keep your natural teeth healthy for life!
We believe that everyone deserves to feel confident in their smile. We endeavor to educate and inform our patients about oral health, so your teeth can be healthy for life. We advise our patients about general care, dental condition and lifestyle choices, to keep them, healthy, happy and always smiling.
Our objective is to educate and inform on ways you can avoid tooth decay and gum disease. Preventing these problems can help you to remain confident about the state of your oral health, reduce the need for future dental procedures and reduce the related cost.
Good oral hygiene not only makes your teeth and gums feel fresh and vibrant but also provides the basic foundation for lifelong dental health.
Healthy teeth and gums – Healthy body.
Our top tips for healthy teeth and gums are:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush – it’s gentler on your gums.
- Hold your toothbrush at a slight angle against your teeth and use short up and down motions.
- Brush the inside and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Brush your teeth for about two minutes each time you brush and brush your tongue.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months.
- Consider using an electric toothbrush, especially if you have arthritis or other problems that make it difficult to brush well.
- When you floss, gently ease the floss between your teeth.
- Pull the ends of the floss against the front and back surface of a tooth so that the floss forms a “C” as it wraps around the tooth.
- Gently pull the floss from the gum line to the top of the tooth to scrape off plaque.
- Floss the backs of your teeth.
- Use fresh floss as you progress through your teeth.
- If you have trouble getting floss through your teeth, try waxed floss.
- If it’s hard to manipulate the floss, try using a floss holder.
- Use dental picks or dental sticks specially designed to clean between your teeth.
- Don’t use objects that aren’t made to clean your teeth.
- Use a mouth wash to help reduce plaque between your teeth.